Fullerton offers unparalleled tours of the valley. Meet directly with winemakers and vineyard managers, as you visit the vineyards used to source Fullerton’s diverse Single Vineyard Designate Pinot Noirs. You’ll taste wines from each of the vineyards visited, both from guest winemakers and Fullerton Wines. Once back at the Portland Wine Bar and Tasting Room, you will taste through a selection of Fullerton’s expansive Single Vineyard Designate lineup. There you will compare and contrast the flavors and styles of the Willamette’s diverse soils and micro-climates at a seated tasting.
Tours begin June 12th. Reservations require 48 hours notice. Available every Saturday and Sunday, or by appointment Mon-Fri. Call 503-267-7432 to book a tour Mon-Fri.
North Valley Tour
9am-5pm Saturdays and Sundays starting June 12th, or by appointment Mon-Fri (call 503-267-7432)
- Bella Vida Vineyard — Dundee Hills AVA
- Explore the benefits of dry-farming and L.I.V.E. certification from the vantage point of this high-elevation Dundee Hills vineyard. Pinot Noir here grows in storied Jory soils of the AVA. Taste Fullerton 2017 Bella Vida Vineyard Pinot Noir.
- ArborBrook Vineyard — Chehalem Mountains AVA
- Explore the benefits of dry-farming, and how this viticultural practice combines with the Dupee sedimentary soils of this area. Enjoy a flight of ArborBrook wines, then taste Fullerton 2018 ArborBrook Vineyard Pinot Noir and 2018 Claudius Pinot Noir.
- Lichtenwalter Vineyard — Ribbon Ridge AVA + lunch
- This L.I.V.E. certified vineyard resides in the smallest nested AVA in the Willamette Valley, the Ribbon Ridge. Discuss L.I.V.E. certification, which originated in Oregon, as well as the Willakenzie soils here, derived from ancient sedimentary seabed. Taste a flight of Michael Lichtenwalter’s wines.
- Fir Crest Vineyard — Yamhill-Carlton AVA
- A dry farmed and LIVE certified vineyard in the western hills of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA, walk through the 30+-year-old vines that produce fruit for our Fir Crest Pinot Noir, Brutus Pinot Noir, and Five FACES Pinot Noir. Taste 2017 Fir Crest Vineyard Pinot Noir and 2018 Brutus Pinot Noir.
- Fullerton Wine Bar & Tasting Room — Taste a comparative flight from six Willamette Valley nested AVAs all produced by Fullerton Wines. The experience enables guests to explore the entirety of the valley through the lens of Alex Fullerton’s winemaking.
$250 per person all inclusive of lunch and wine tastings. Additional bottles purchases sold separately. All tour attendees receive Fullerton Cork Club member benefits for the day — 15% off all wines. We will call to arrange the lunch choices for your group:
- Italian Grinder – cold cuts with swiss cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, pickled peppers, and oil and vinegar on hoagie roll
- “Pan Bagnat” aka Provençal Tuna Niçoise – saucy tuna sandwich that is pressed overnight to absorb flavors served on a baguette
- Cold Katsu Sandwich – Japanese fried pork cutlets, shredded cabbage, kewpie mayo and katsu sauce served on shokupan
- BLTA – thick cut butcher bacon, housemade focaccia, romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, and mayo
- Vegetarian “Pan Bagnat” – seasoned roasted vegetables, sauced and mixed with niçoise
- Apple, Celery & Delicata Squash Salad – apple, celery, delicata squash, pistachios, kasha, pickled sultanas, parsley, and mint
- Beet & Goat Cheese Salad – roasted beets, arugula, fresh goat cheese, basil oil, candied walnuts, and balsamic glaze
All tours start and end at the Fullerton Wine Bar and Tasting Room:
1966 Northwest Pettygrove St
Portland, OR 97007
Call 503-267-7432 if you have any questions or would like to book a tour with a group larger than 4 people.